Skip to Content
California State University, Long BeachCalifornia State University, Long Beach

Procurement & Contractual Services

Utilities - Includes Telephone Land Line

A basic service such as electricity, gas, or water, or the company that provides such a service.

Not inclusive of wireless devices. See other applicable transaction types, including TELEPHONES WIRELESS CAMPUS OWNED DEVICE, TELEPHONES WIRELESS EMPLOYEE OWNED DEVICE, or, for service related, ALL PURCHASES REQUIRING A BINDING AGREEMENT OR INSURANCE.

Requisition Required?

All on-campus telephone services are provided through Telecommunications. Refer to TELECOMMUNICATIONS WORK ORDER.

No. If a signed document (contract, agreement, other) is required regardless of amount, see ALL PURCHASES REQUIRING A BINDING AGREEMENT OR INSURANCE transaction type.

If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched purchase order:


Administrative Guidelines Related To This Purchase?

Key Purchasing Requirements And Quote/Bid Thresholds?


Additional Forms or Requirements?

Utility must be a sole source provider for location.

If Grant related, must be approved by ORSP.

Risk Management Review Required?


Payments and Approvals

  1. Check or ACH payments are issued for direct payment requests
    Documents required for this type of payment:
    • Supplier Invoice
    • Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
      • Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
      • Approved Payment Request Form
      • Electronic approval (via email)

Exception: Information Technology Services is authorized to pay campus telecommunication charges by Procurement Card.

NOTE: Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more information.

Additional Notes

Common GL Account(s) to Use

  • 605001 - Electricity
  • 605002 - Gas
  • 604001 Telephone

Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.