This page is no longer maintained. Click here for new content.
We have recently transitioned to a new website design.
This page holds content that is no longer maintained, but has been kept until traffic to it subsides.
Please refer to the new ITS Service Catalog for updated service information.
BeachID Password Manager Implementation – Faculty and Staff
To improve the University’s identity management services, the password management system you currently access through MyCSULB and BeachBoard will be eliminated and replaced with the BeachID Password Manager.
BeachID System Benefits:
- Unify your passwords.
- Phase 1 — As soon as you activate your BeachID account and establish your new password, you’ll use the same BeachID password for services including MyCSULB, BeachBoard, VPN, BeachNet, and many campus-computers you’re authorized to access (except COE, CCPE, 49er Shops, and Foundation).
- Phase 2 — After you and your department are migrated to the new campus email system, you’ll also use your BeachID password for @csulb.edu email and campus-administered computers you’re authorized to access.
- Easily reset your forgotten password online.
To Activate Your BeachID Account:
- Go to the Activate BeachID Account page.
- Enter your Campus ID and your activation Password, and then click Next.
NOTE: Your activation Password is your birth date in mm/dd/yy format.
- Establish Security Questions.
- Select 5 (five) security questions, and enter answers for them. You’ll rely on these questions to help reset your password if you forget it in the future.
- Click Next.
- Enter your new password twice, and click Activate Account.
- You’ll see a message confirming activation of your BeachID Account.
- If you HAVE NOT migrated to the new @csulb email system, you’ll see your current email address or a message indicating your BeachID account is not yet associated with an email address. Please continue to use your current email account and address until migrating to the new @csulb system.
- If you have migrated to the new @csulb system, you’ll see your new email address.
Remember—Activating your BeachID account will immediately synchronize and unify your password for services such as MyCSULB, BeachBoard, BeachNet wireless service, and VPN. After you and your department are migrated to the new email system, you’ll also use the same BeachID password for @csulb Email and many campus-administered computers you’re authorized to access (except COE, CCPE, 49er Shops, and Foundation).
Contact the Technology Help Desk at 562.985.4959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the BeachID service page